Office of the City Clerk
The Office of the City Clerk is dedicated to providing exceptional quality service to the City Council and the citizens of this community, and to promoting and providing access for full participation in the governmental process through personal assistance, communication through the media, and use of information technologies.
The City Clerk:
- Provides support to the City Council by recording and maintaining the official records and legislative history of the City.
- Provides a wide range of public information to elected officials, appointed bodies, public, media, and City staff.
- As the Elections Official for the City, administers municipal elections.
- As Filing Officer for the City, administers the filing of campaign records and conflict of interest records.
- Performs all mandated functions under the United States Constitution, the Constitution of the State of California, the California Government and Election Codes, the Brown Act, the California Political Reform Act, the California Public Records Act, the Charter of the City of Eureka, and the Eureka Municipal Code.
The Office of the City Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support for legislative services, records management and archiving, public information, election services, and filing officer services.
Legislative Support includes administration of noticing requirements for City Council and Redevelopment Agency meetings and public hearings in accordance with municipal code and state law; preparation of minutes; documents control and attestations; and ordinance title publication. The program provides liaison services between the City Council and other entities, agencies and the public.
The Records Management function includes maintenance of official records of the city and performance of municipal filing services. For assistance with the "Search City Archives" section of this website, or to view a list of historical records, please contact the City Clerk.
The Public Information function involves the dissemination of information and provision of search and retrieval services.
The Election Services function is responsible for the administration of special and consolidated municipal elections in accordance with municipal and state law, and the provision of voter outreach services.
The Filing Officer function involves the administration of FPPC statements of economic interests, conflict of interest filings, campaign and candidate filings in accordance with state law.
Eureka City Hall
531 "K" Street - Room 208
Eureka, CA 95501-1146
The office is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed during noon.
Telephone/voicemail: (707) 441-4144