The Problem Oriented Policing Unit, known commonly as POP, handles ongoing nuisance problems in the city. To report an ongoing problem in your neighborhood, call (707) 441-4373 or submit this form to the Eureka Police Department.
Problem Oriented Policing Stats
April 14-30, 2018
|Warrant Citations/Arrests||3 for drug violations, 3 for illegal lodging|
|3 misdemeanor for illegal lodging|
|Traffic Citation||1 for CVC 14601|
- 6 Patrol
- 1 Code Enforcement- shuttering nuisance house on the 800 block of O St.
- Vehicle Abatement assisted with the removal of 6 nuisance/abandoned vehicles
- Heroin .06g GFW/ .53g GF
- Methamphetamine .01g GFW/ 2.05g GFW
- Marijuana 3.45 lbs processed
- Served one search warrant on an individual
- Cleaned up a single occupant illegal camp on Broadway ST. on three different occasions that yielded 2000 lbs of garbage.
- Increased checks at 3 different problem/nuisance houses that are currently vacant and continue to be broken into
- Removed trash, building materials and obstructions from the back yard of a vacant house.
- Provided increased traffic enforcement around local schools due to speeding vehicles
- Removed 1000 lbs of trash from a large encampment to the rear of a business on Broadway
- Participated in a Cannabis Review Panel
- Conducted patrol of various locations throughout the City where transients routinely set up camp
- 100 plus needles collected/disposed of from several illegal camp sites
- 4 citizen concerns addressed