The Problem Oriented Policing Unit, known commonly as POP, handles ongoing nuisance problems in the city. To report an ongoing problem in your neighborhood, call (707) 441-4373 or submit this form to the Eureka Police Department.
Problem Oriented Policing Weekly Stats
March 4 - 17, 2018
|Warrant Citations/Arrests||8 misdemeanor|
|3 misdemeanor for illegal lodging|
- Patrol x3
- SWAP assisted as they cut brush/trees along Henderson/Broadway and the foot of T St.
- Code Enforcement inspection at 1400 blk of Little 4th St. and 1300 blk of Long St.
- Vehicle Abatement removed 3 problem vehicles
- Parks Dept. assisted in the removal of two large camps in the Cooper Gulch park area
- 1 POP detective provided all day security on two different days
- 2 POP detectives conducted surveillance for Trinity County Sheriff's Office and located a subject wanted for questioning in a homicide case in Trinity County.
- 1 POP detective assisted in the apprehension of a felon wanted for attempted murder.
- 2 POP detectives responded to assist patrol with a search warrant that yielded several firearms confiscated from the residence of a convicted felon.
- All POP personnel were on standby for the "school walk out"
- All POP personnel completed 8 hours of Principled Policing Training
- 1 POP detective attended a syringe disposal meeting
- Spent 2 days cleaning up a large bunker on "Stinky Beach"
- Spent part of a day maintaining and repairing a portion of the Hikshari Trail extension
- 3500+ lbs of garbage collected and disposed of as a result of garbage removal from the above mentioned camps
- 50+ needles collected/disposed of from campsites/trail
- 3 citizen concerns addressed