Candle and Home Safety
Remember these important safety points when using candles;
- Place candles in sturdy, non-combustible containers.
- Keep candles well away from decorations and other combustible materials.
- Check candles frequently to make sure they have not burned down too far.
- Don’t leave children unattended in a room with lit candles.
- Don’t display candles in windows or near exits in case you need to use these to escape.
- NEVER use lit candles to decorate Christmas trees.
Exercise good home safety practices;
- Do not overload electrical systems with Christmas lighting.
- Do not burn gift wrapping in fireplaces or wood stoves.
- When cooking, keep handles of pots and pans turned inward so they will not be pulled or knocked off the stove.
- Store combustible materials away from heat sources.
- Recycle Christmas trees. Never burn them in fireplaces or wood stoves