· On August 14, 2015, the City will receive the responses to the RFQ from prospective businesses.
· In August andr September of 2015, the Medical Cannabis Selection panel (appointed by the City Manager) will review and rate the qualification packets from prospective businesses. The panel will then recommend up to two businesses for the City Council to select.
· In October, 2015, or earlier, if possible, the City Council will select between zero and two prospective businesses. The Council has the right to reject any and all proposals. Council may then choose to re-issue the RFQ one year later. If Council selects a business or two during this round, the selected business(es) will then be invited to submit a conditional use permit application to the City.
· In September or October, the selected businesses will then proceed with the conditional use permit process, which will take between 3 and 6 months.
· The City Planning Commission will approve or deny the conditional use permits submitted by the selected business(es).
· If the conditional use permit is approved, a City of Eureka business license will be required.
· If the conditional use permit is approved, other permits may be required (such as building permits, encroachment permits, etc). The requirements for additional permits will depend on the location of the business and several other factors (required changes to structures, etc).Rules and regulations regarding medical cannabis in the City of Eureka can be found in Chapter 158 of the Eureka Municipal Code.